Thursday, April 26, 2007

some unexpected.......yet positive

would like to think that I am someone who enjoys the unexpected and believes that life is always throwing them a positive curve ball.( ok ok I am trying to overcome my addiction to cyanide and near suicidal feelings ..er .. but that is another discussion :))
To be honest however, when I arrived at the office today to find two somewhat dodgy looking men alone in our little NGO moving our desks around and dismantling the computers, I must be honest I did not put an immediately positive spin on it....
Luckily as I have no intention of a being GI Jane ( or any more up to date funky SUPER HERO ) i did not head butt, call the police or assault the men, but merely asked ...." What are you doing?" ( in what I hope was a fearful and commanding voice Angie Voice)
And as it would turn out they were delivering three new computer donated to the NGO by the Gauteng Education Department. Which while totally unprecedented, is wonderful!
Then later today a huge ad agency donated a whole lot ( like hundred files).
I have ended the day a reformed super- positive . ( away with the razor away away)

Perhaps their is a SUPER HERO in this for local casting. In a society that seems intent on always bemoaning failure.Eternally positive person , the problem is they would probably end up either some terribly boring nun, or someone who looked like they had taken to much e lost the plot ... just like my note has...mm mm..... Good night.

2 comments:

kittychunk said...

GI Jane - Township Teacher Edition!

The enemies of freedom will cower before The Fearful And Commanding Angie Voice(tm)!

halfhaggis said...

hehe. I know I fear the Angie Voice. :)